gramophone n : an antique record player; the sound of the vibrating needle is amplified acoustically [syn: acoustic gramophone]
- phonograph (US)
Gramophone might refer to:
- The British English term for U.S. English "phonograph", the first device for recording and replaying sound
- Gramophone record, a disc shaped analogue sound recording medium
- Gramophone (magazine), a British publication devoted to classical music
- Gramophone Company, a British record company, existing from 1897 to 1931
- Berliner Gramophone, incorporated by Emile Berliner in 1892 in Washington, D.C. as the United States Gramophone Company.
- Deutsche Grammophon, a German classical music record company, founded in 1898 by Emile Berliner.
- Gramophone, a Music CD & Movie DVD retailer in Singapore, founded in 1997
PA, PA system, Victrola, audio sound system, audiophile, binaural system, bitch box, bullhorn, cartridge, ceramic pickup, changer, crystal pickup, derived four-channel system, discrete four-channel system, four-channel stereo system, hi-fi, hi-fi fan, high-fidelity, intercom, intercommunication system, jukebox, magnetic pickup, monaural system, mono, needle, nickelodeon, phonograph, photoelectric pickup, pickup, public-address system, quadraphonic sound system, radio-phonograph combination, record changer, record player, sound reproduction system, sound truck, squawk box, stereo, stylus, system, tape deck, tape recorder, tone arm, transcription turntable, turntable